Thursday, February 26, 2009

Sanctuary

Many times in life we need to find a sanctuary. A way to find peace with the world, or to get away from it. When I asked of my sanctuary, whether or not I have actually been asked this question, I often give a nonchalant answer because it's a dumb question to ask someone. Perhaps if the person asking is a cool dude, it would be an alright question, but I imagine the asker is an estranged great uncle who is trying to create some sort of connection using such questions. The result can only end in failure. No one, including me can be expected to form a coherent answer to such a question, especially in front of an estranged great uncle. One thing I do know about my answer, though, is that I will never answer that question with the horrible words of "Rage Against the Machine." Perhaps that is my sanctuary.

______________
This post is an installment in a continuing series of content coordinated by theme or motif with posts from Enoch Allred of Chiltingham, Jon Fairbanks of Funkadelic Freestylings of Another Sort, Eli Z. McCormick and Miriam Allred of Modern Revelation!, John D. Moore of Whatnot Studios, Joseph Schlegel of Sour Mayonnaise, Sven Patrick Svensson of Sadness? Euphoria?, William C. Stewart of Chide, Chode, Chidden, and WiL Whitlark of The Real McJesus. This week's theme: 'Sanctuary'.

No comments: