Thursday, January 1, 2009

King Arthur

Theodore enters his room to find Jim sitting on his bed looking pleased

Jim: Hey, guess who I am?

Theodore:Who?

Jim: King Arthur

Theodore: Yeah?

Jim: Yeah man, I was walking down the hall and I looked in your room and there was Merlin, and he was like 'Heres a stone, take Excalibur out of it.' And I was like alright. So I went up to he stone and pulled out Excalibur. And then Merlin just bowed down to me, and I felt pretty awesome. Then he told me to go back in time and to reclaim my kingdom. But I was like screw that, I'm gonna use my special powers in my time. And then Merlin, like, got mad and went back in time. I think he muttered something about murdering me

Theodore: Dude.

Jim: Yeah.

They share a short silent moment

Jim: Hey, wanna be Lancelot?

Theodore: Sure

JIM: Sweet deal. Let me go get the Lady of the Lake

He runs off, never to be seen again.

______________
This post is part of a coordinated content project with John D. Moore of whatnot and William C. Stewart of Chide, Chode, Chidden. Each Thursday, each contributor will do a post linked by some common theme or motif. This week's theme: 'King Arthur'.

1 comment:

The Jar said...

Jim's story seems highly suspect, as everyone knows that the sword in the stone was NOT Excalibur.