Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Sex Tax, great idea or the greatest idea?

I have had an epiphany. Why not tax sex? I have a list of three positive effects if we adopted such a tax

1. It will fill up our coffers. After our economic crash, we need money. What better way to make money than tax one of our nations favorite passtimes?

2. Its a tax that the conservatives would like. Taxing sex implies discouraging sex. The religious right will praise whoever supports this plan.

3. It will slow down population growth. Our world has too many people. For those who refuse to use birth control, the sex tax will put an extra benefit in abstinence, not having to pay money. Not only will this solve the world population crisis, it will also decrease teen pregnancies. We all know how successful abstinence only education has been, so to add even more strength? Amazing.

So there you have it. The sex tax is my gift to humanity. I'd strongly encourage any congressman who reads this blog to propose it.

13 comments:

G.C.C. said...

It's already passed the House and Senate in my mind.

Ammon Allred said...

And it's a tax people would be willing to pay --- they'd probably pay it more often than they technically needed to, just for bragging rights (e.g. "I got taxed three times last night.")

John D. Moore said...

Your argument is well-reasoned. Would all parties engaged have to pay the tax? Is all sex taxed the same?

I can just see the Sex Tax Enforcement force now.

Zijjo said...

Of course both parties have to pay the tax. Unless one of them is being raped, I guess. You're sounding a lot like a certain Vincent

Miriam said...

Brilliant.
I've been wondering about a way to reintroduce the sexual tension so necessary to literary romance in a world with accessible birth control (vote Obama!).
Now our young lovers can be frustrated by their lack of money.

P.S. I assume that, as usual, oil companies will be exempted from the tax and will continue to give sexual favors to congressmen without dipping into their profits.

Miriam said...

PPS
This is Miriam. Blogspot thinks that my name is Art for complicated reasons.

Thirdmango said...

I will make sure this bill passes in Mass.

John D. Moore said...

Will it be a progressive tax?

Eli McCormick said...

Will masturbation be taxed as well?

G.C.C. said...

I strongly oppose the masturbation tax proposed by candidate Eli.

John D. Moore said...

Presenting Eli's view as pro-masturbation tax simply because he's the one who brought up the question doesn't seem entirely fair.

Eli McCormick said...

A Masturbation Tax is infinitely more profitable than a regular old sex tax. That said, 14 year olds don't have much income.

Zijjo said...

masturbation tax would be debated more, but I bet it could be passed. Sex tax is the main goal though. But by all means debate. I personally think that Eli has a point